I purchased a red leather ipad case from Sams Club.The case actually melted to the back of my new ipad.

While the ipad works the back is ruined. In fact, the back of the ipad started to pull away from the the front. This case was made in China so who knows what kind of adhesive is used in the production of these cases. I would like Wilson to reimburse me the cost of a new ipad.

This is totally unacceptable. The quality of products made in China are cheap.

A $6 dollar item selling for $30 dollars ruins a $500 ipad.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 11 No 11
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 18, 2014 #872227

I had the same issue. Turns out that with much labor I detached the plastic tray from the Wilson case, leaving a gooey mess on what I thought was the back of my ipad. My son came to the house later and removed the gooey tray from the back of my ipad and much to my relief there was the bright shiny back side of my ipad with the apple looking quite healthy. I had ruined the cover after erroneously thinking that it had melted to my .

Dec 07, 2013 #754139 Glendale, Arizona

I just bought one of these cases....did you leave it out in the car or a hot place.?? Because my just stays at home. Should I throw it out anyway? If I were you I would contact their corporate office if you didn't already. You can also try your local news station for action about what happened. Here in AZ we have Gary Harper and he exposes all the scams and frauds and problems people have! Hope this helps and good luck! Please let me know about the question I asked if you can you. Just reply in you comment section :). Donna

Nov 06, 2013 #738866 Madisonville, Kentucky

Just discovered the same problem. New ipad ruined by the adhesive.

Moral: don't buy a case that uses adhesives.

Sep 01, 2013 #710043

I work at Wilson's Leather and this problem has been going on for some time now and the co. is aware of it but doesn't care.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.